CASA 2017 is the 30th annual scientific gathering on a wide variety of technologies in the context of computer animation and social agents. CASA 2017 will be held in Seoul, South Korea, from May 22 till May 24, 2017. Workshop and tutorial will be held on May 22, 2017.
In recent years, an explosive growth of augmented reality and social agents has been experienced in multimedia and other social media on mobile, wearable and other devices. In particular, the workshop in CASA 2017 would like to focus on new mobile applications and services that can augment our real life with virtual experience to establish social connections with agents to enhance our life experiences.
In this perspective, CASA 2017 solicits proposals on topics of interest of the workshops and tutorials include, but are not limited to:
- Augmented/virtual reality on mobile platforms
- Social agent services based on augmented reality
Proposals for workshops and tutorials should be no more than four pages on A4 sized paper in length, and should be in text or PDF format. It should contain the following information:
1. A title and brief (two-page max) description of the topic and content.
2. The desired length (half day or full day).
3. The names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the organizers with one-paragraph statements of their research interests and areas of expertise.
4. A list of potential members of the program committee with an indication of which members have already agreed.
5. A description of any shared tasks associated with the workshop or tutorial.
6. A description of special requirements for technical needs.
Please submit workshop and tutorial proposals to the workshop chair (minhkim at vclab dot kaist dot ac dot kr) by November 30, 2016.
November 30, 2016: Workshop proposal due
December 15, 2016: Notification of acceptance
May 22, 2017: Workshops and tutorials
Min H. Kim (KAIST, Korea)